Pages

Friday, March 19, 2010

Poll about Online Shopping!

Poll:
Please select the sentence that describes you best!
This poll is about your online shopping preferences.

A: I prefer to shop on Etsy and Ebay for handmade and unique items.
B: I prefer to shop at independent websites (i.e. www.knitinpajamas.com).
C: I prefer to shop at big-name stores (i.e. Target, Walmart, Amazon.com).
D: I prefer to not shop online.

If you will, please select the best answer and leave it in the comments! Also, please tell me why you chose that option.

I'm trying to decide if I should sell on my own independent website or on Etsy, and I need your help!

Thanks! Have a great weekend!

Photobucket

10 comments:

SquirrelQueen said...

I spend a lot of money with Amazon.com but I have many friends who sell on Etsy and they love it. They seem to give each other a lot of support. Just my observations.

Kimi said...

I am not going to be much help because I love Etsy and independent websites. I'm absolutely addicted to online shopping.

Shayna said...

Generally I'm not a big fan of online shopping - I hate paying for shipping and I like to physically see and touch what I'm purchasing for the most part... That said, for the items that I can't get in person or that are less expensive online, I have used Amazon

Unknown said...

I don't shop online. If a friend of mine was selling something I would buy from her though : ) Good luck with your endeavor.

Heather said...

I would say a mix of A and B for online shopping. I definitely will buy from independent people, but if I don't know they are there, I need a place to fall in love with the products!

I will NOT shop online for anything from a big box, I just don't like it.

Foursons said...

I don't shop online much either. But I don't have a problem doing so- just don't do it. I do prefer to shop on a site that I know is secure and that I can trust. So I'd be more willing to shop on Esty than an independent site that I know nothing about.

Thanks for becoming one of my newest followers!

Margo said...

Thank you all for your input, it has been very helpful!

Eileen said...

Hi Margo! Happy SITS Sunday!

Can I still take your poll? :)
I would definitely say (A) first. I love Etsy and I've spent hours shop hopping. If an Etsy shop also has their own independent shop, I'll go there, too. I wouldn't shop big box on line, I do love strolling around Target! I shop for books at Amazon.

Margo said...

Hi Eileen, Yep! Thanks for your input. I love shopping on Etsy too. So many cool things!
Have a great week!

Faith said...

C, B, A, and then D, in that order. I pretty much only shop online. I more or less hate shopping.

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! Have a great day!