Pages

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

What's in a Name?

What's in a Blog Name? How does one go about naming a blog/business/or website?

I'm approaching this topic because, while I am happy with the progress of Knit in Pajamas as a business, I have not always been thrilled with the name. So, I am working on new business name (and a new cool website!). I have done a little reading on how to name your blog, so here are a few pointers I have picked up.

1) Be Unique. Be sure to Google/Bing the name that you are considering. Make sure there are not copyrights on the name. Make sure there are no other businesses (especially in the same field) with the same name. When people search for your business, you want to make sure that your site comes to the top (or at least on the first page).

2) Be Descriptive. Make sure that your name tells others what you do. If you're a knitter, include that in your name. If you are a designer, include that. In my case, I have other interests besides knitting so my new name will incorporate those things.

3) Have a good tag-line or subtitle. Use your tag line or subtitle to further describe your business and draw others in. You want your customers/readers to be "caught" by your name and visit your blog.

Any thoughts? How did you come up with your business/blog name, and what would you suggest to others?

Thanks for reading, and I'd love to hear your input. :)

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! Have a great day!