Pages

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Quilting

In addition to being a knitter, I am a quilter. I have made 3 quilts and have one in progress. Here are some pictures of my quilts.

Unfortunately I can't find my first quilt :( It will turn up I'm sure, it's probably in a closet hiding. It was made entirely by hand.

Here's a picture of my quilt-in-progress. It has gold floral borders with green floral accents in the squares. It's machine pieced and will be machine quilted when finished. It is a throw size quilt, and will be used in my living room.

My second finished quilt - done entirely by hand. The pieces were so small that I had a hard time lining them up with the sewing machine. I really enjoyed the hand-quilting, and the hand-piecing was okay, but I wouldn't want to do it too often :) It is wall-hanging size, and hangs in our guest bedroom. It has red floral borders and triangles, with pink floral triangles in the squares.

My third quilt, a queen-size bed quilt. This quilt was pieced by machine, and then hand-quilted. It was a gift for my sister-in-law's wedding. It has tan/green squares and triangles.

The full quilt:

Photobucket

2 comments:

Debbie's L'Bri said...

pretty

http://debbiellbriskincare.blogspot.com/
http://debbiellbriskincare.blogspot.com/2010/05/anniversary-month.html

Anonymous said...

I love your quilts! They are made with love & perfection.

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! Have a great day!