Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2016

My Zentangle Journey

I got started with Zentangle quite by accident! I started coloring again last fall, as a way to cope with stress. I was at the craft store one day, looking for a new adult coloring book. I happened upon a book by Suzanne McNeill titled Florabunda Basics. This fun book gave me an intro into zentangle patterns and doodling. I realized after exploring this book that I really enjoyed drawing and wanted to try more!

Next I discovered Zenspirations, a brand by Joanne Fink. Joanne creates drawings with plenty of open space, ready for your patterns and color.

This piece below is inspired by Zenspirations and Joanne's style of drawing:


I really think I will make this bigger and frame it for my kitchen. 

I've also been doing a lot of "official" Zentangle patterns, and patterns created in the Zentangle style. I am learning through the book, One Zentangle a Day, by Beckah Krahula, and also online through Zentangle.com and several Facebook groups.

Here are a few more recent drawings:


For more information about these drawings, visit my Facebook page, Orchid Lane Designs, and my Instagram account, @margojaz.

Thanks for following along on my art journey, and I look forward to sharing more with you in the future!

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! Have a great day!