Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2016

My Zentangle Journey

I got started with Zentangle quite by accident! I started coloring again last fall, as a way to cope with stress. I was at the craft store one day, looking for a new adult coloring book. I happened upon a book by Suzanne McNeill titled Florabunda Basics. This fun book gave me an intro into zentangle patterns and doodling. I realized after exploring this book that I really enjoyed drawing and wanted to try more!

Next I discovered Zenspirations, a brand by Joanne Fink. Joanne creates drawings with plenty of open space, ready for your patterns and color.

This piece below is inspired by Zenspirations and Joanne's style of drawing:


I really think I will make this bigger and frame it for my kitchen. 

I've also been doing a lot of "official" Zentangle patterns, and patterns created in the Zentangle style. I am learning through the book, One Zentangle a Day, by Beckah Krahula, and also online through Zentangle.com and several Facebook groups.

Here are a few more recent drawings:


For more information about these drawings, visit my Facebook page, Orchid Lane Designs, and my Instagram account, @margojaz.

Thanks for following along on my art journey, and I look forward to sharing more with you in the future!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there! This blog post couldn?t be written any better!
Going through this post reminds me of my previous roommate!
He continually kept talking about this. I'll forward this post to him.
Pretty sure he'll have a good read. Many thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I really like your writing style, great info,
thank you for posting :D.

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! Have a great day!